Protestant Church of Zandvoort (Protestantse Kerk Zandvoort)
A religious building has existed on this spot since 1300, but the shape of the church has changed over the centuries. In 1573, the original chapel was destroyed in the heat of the Eighty Years’ War. It was rebuilt in 1609, but destroyed again in 1848. The Protestant congregation decided to build something simpler this time, but the structure was expanded in 1890 only to be decreased in size during World War II. Directly after the war, its 19th-century glory was fully restored and today Zandvoort’s main church can be admired from central Kerkplein. Unfortunately, the 19th-century organ is hidden behind closed doors, because the church only opens for Sunday masses.