The municipality of Tilburg bought this statue in 1924 from The Hague and gave it a prominent place on De Heuvel. The statue represents King William II as commander-in-chief of the army. On the pedestal beneath the royal there are four figures. The woman with a crown and sceptre represents the monarchy. To her right sits Law. On the backside there is Prosperity, complete with the Horn of Plenty and coins. The last figure originally held a palladium, a figurine of the deity of ancient Troy. This refers to the role of William II as patron of the Netherlands. On the right side of the pedestal is a lion with a sword between his front paws, which represents the battles in which William II took part.