The last leg of this short Kashubian odyssey follows a leisurely 10km drive south to the fabulous village of Wdzydze Kiszewskie. First mentioned in 1258, the village’s growth was somewhat slow to say the least. At the end of the 17th century there were just 12 inhabitants. Today the village remains tiny, but thanks to its glorious lakeside setting and its highly recommended museum, the village fills with people during the summer months, who come to unwind and simply mess about on the water. The village runs for about a kilometre along the bank of the lake, with campsites, cafés and boat hire scattered around from the museum at one end to the Niedżwiadek hotel at the other.