A small part of this former SS concentration camp houses the Herzogenbusch Concentration Camp Museum. The museum is spread out over several buildings and outdoor areas. The combined memorial centre and museum features various exhibitions, a memorial room and wall of reflection. The crematorium, the rebuilt barrack and the monument to to the camp's child victim's are especially moving. In total, at least 31,000 people were imprisoned in the camp between January 1943 and September 1944 for shorter or longer durations. Alongside Jews were other unlucky souls, mostly Roma (Gypsies), resistance activists and Jehovah’s witnesses. But for the majority of the prisoners, this place was an intermediate stop. From here they were transported to other camps, which, in most cases, meant death. A model of the camp, made of natural stone, shows the extensive size of the camp and the many buildings it included. The watchtowers, which were built a hundred meters apart, have been reconstructed.