Tirana's landmark central sight is the clock tower from 1822. Brightly lit at night, it can be seen from the far end of Rr. Durrësit when entering the city. Started off by Et`hem Bey, completed by the locals and extended to 35m in 1928, when a German-made clock was also installed, it was for long the highest building in town, and the views of the city centre from the top are worth the climb. The shadow of the tower strikes the mosque at sunset, an event long used to mark the closing time of the formerly adjacent market place. Integrated with the "Culture & Continuity" exhibition.