The 45 hectares that make up Wilanów Park grew over the centuries according to the particular fancies of its owners. The Park’s present form dates from the extensive and mostly faithful renovations made during the 1950s, overseen by the architect and historian Professor Gerard Ciołek (1909-1966). Made up of a series of individual gardens, the Park includes a two-level Baroque garden, a Neo-Renaissance rose garden, a classical English landscaped park and the so called English-Chinese landscape park. The nearby Orangery and its garden serves as a splendid venue for outdoor classical music concerts during the summer season. The park near the Orangery, East, North and Rose gardens and their associated architecture were recently the subject of a major revitalisation program and during work on the Baroque garden a series of archaeological digs discovered several artefacts, including ceramics dating from the 12th century. Now the gardens have been restored to their appearance during the time of King Jan III Sobieski.