Read this week's newsletter online here and sign up here to get our free newsletter delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday morning!
Inside this week's Johannesburg In Your Pocket newsletter you'll find:
– Delicious comfort food recipes to cook at home this week including a classic chicken soup from Service Station in Melville and for dessert try this recipe for rolled oat hotcakes and cinnamon roasted pears from Brik Cafe in Rosebank.
– In our lockdown reading list series author, academic and journalist Nechama Brodie shares her recommended reads to enjoy during the lockdown.
– The best South African chefs and talented home cooks to follow on social media.
– The best DJ parties, live 'at home' concerts and virtual music festivals to stream online this week.
– One of Joburg's most exciting art spaces, August House artists studios, goes online.
– Sign up for an Italian online class with the Societa' Dante Alighieri Johannesburg and get a free trial lesson!
– Ten local small businesses to support while you do your weekly grocery shopping.
– Where to buy a cloth mask in Joburg and how to make your own at home.
– Browse and bid on hundreds of stunning artworks and antiques in Russell Kaplan's debut online auction.
– Blogger 2Summers shared a wonderful recommendation of our magazine in her blog, and we simply couldn't let another week pass without writing our own dedication to one of our favourite Joburg champions.
– Buy now and enjoy later, how to help small businesses through the lockdown and invest in amazing experiences.
– How to help Back a Buddy funds from local cafes, restaurants and tour companies looking for support.