Read this week's newsletter online here and sign up here to get our free newsletter delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday morning!
Inside this week's Johannesburg In Your Pocket newsletter you'll find:
– Chef Claudia Giannoccaro from 44 Stanley's Salvation Cafe shares a delicious, and simple, meatball tagine with baked eggs recipe.
– Local small businesses to support while you do your weekly grocery shopping.
– Strauss & Co's virtual art talks series is back with leading experts from around the world.
–Local restaurants now offering meal kit deliveries.
– Where to buy a cloth mask in Joburg and how to make your own at home.
– Joburg-based writer, photographer and major music lover Victor Dlamini shares his 10 must-listen tracks by iconic South African musicians to chase away the lockdown blues
– From Joe Wicks family-friendly classes to Tony Britts iconic 1980s workout, the best, and the most fun, fitness regimes to join in online
– From lions to penguins and a kudu in suburban Pretoria, we look at some of the unusual places South Africa's wild animals have been spotted this week.
– Globally theatres and storytellers are finding new ways to connect with audiences online. We a take a look at where to watch the best performances online.
– From fashion to books, Joburg's small businesses are offering some incredible online shopping discounts. We've rounded up some of the best online shopping discounts currently on offer.
– Three glorious isolation orchestral performances to watch online and lift your spirits.
– Buy now and enjoy later, how to help small businesses through the lockdown and invest in amazing experiences.
– Sign up for an online German language course with the Goethe-Institut
– Browse and bid on hundreds of stunning artworks and antiques in Russell Kaplan's debut online auction.