- Tell us few words about yourself and your career. What do you like the most about being a concierge? What makes MOSS Boutique Hotel special for you?
- You can't be successful in this job if you don't appreciate the people and the things that the world can offer! You have to be ready to help at any time of the day. I am in hospitality for 12 years and nearly 10 of those years I've been working as a hotel concierge – I have never done anything else and I never had the will to change my life path. I don’t know any other professions which give so much knowledge, friends, cinematographic stories to tell, connections and much much more.
Moss Boutique Hotel is a special place for me because its the first hotel where I am part of the managing team and am one of the creators of it, so its almost like my first child.
- What can you tell us about your favorite places in Moscow? What hidden gem in Moscow can you recommend to our Audience?
- My favorite place in Moscow is the lobby of the Center of Contemporary Art GARAGE. I love the people you can see there: families, youngsters, business people, foreigners that live in Moscow and tourists. My favorite hidden gem is Lenin’s Library. I call it the biggest book shelf of the country. When I'm there, I feel a strong sense of pride in my Russian heritage. Seeing those unique books gives me so much inspiration that I can't wash my hands for a while after I visiting. How can I possibly wash this magic dust off after holding a manuscript of Dostoevsky?
The space in the famous 3rd reading hall is very grand and silent, it is just perfect for bringing your thoughts back together - it's almost as if you've just visited a church.
- What is a must-see and a must-do in the capital in the fall?
- It’s theater season, so of course I would start with a visit to the Bolshoi, especially since in fall nearly every ballet is legendary.
All the museums open new exhibitions, dramatic theaters also start their season. Believe me, you won't have any problems finding what to do in Moscow on any given evening. However, I prefer walking around the city's streets and parks as autumn is the most beautiful season. No wonder why all the Russian literary greats got most of their inspiration in autumn. Also, it's my birthday in October so its always a new year for me.
- Your three favorite restaurants and why.
- Severyane – it's one of the most trendy places in Moscow. Great atmosphere, perfect food, the interior has the "wow!" factor and there's a special sound design. As a concierge I am very proud that Moscow has such a great restaurant which represents modern Russia to me.
Molon Lave Live – a Greek restaurant which is owned by Moscow greeks.
I was raised in Greece and for me visiting this place is like visiting my favorite country. The food is very good as well and the atmosphere's friendly. Cafe Pushkin – autumn is the cultural season in Moscow, so I love going to Cafe Pushkin after a theater performance or an exhibition. I always order the famous Russian salad "Olivier", pelmeni and a shot of vodka. Cafe Pushkin is my favorite place for having nice conversations about the past, present and future.