The Preobrazhenskoe ("Transfiguration") Cemetery, located on the south-eastern outskirts of St. Petersburg, is divided into Jewish and Orthodox cemeteries. The Jewish part of the cemetery was founded in 1875. Originally, the site was divided into sections for all non-Orthodox believers, including Muslims, Catholics and Lutherans. However, by 1899 not a single Muslim had been buried here, as plots had to be paid for, which goes against Islamic tradition, while the Lutheran and Catholic cemeteries were used by the poorest members of those confessions, with often the most basic if any tombstones on the graves. The Jewish Cemetery, on the other hand, was well funded by St. Petersburg's Jewish community, and became the final resting place of several famous people, including the sculptor Mark Antokolsky, entrepreneur Samuel Polyakov, publisher and philanthropist Baron David Gintsburg, historian Moses Altman, collector Moses Lesman, architect Mark Khidekel, founder of the Institute of Tuberculous Abram Sternberg, as well as several chief rabbis of Leningrad. Several of the tombs here are richly decorated and in 1912 a beautiful stone building for ablution and the singing of last rites was built, along with several other elegant Art Nouveau structures designed by the architect Yakov Gevirts.