As we mentioned previously, the city’s first garden was established in 1881 by the German garden designer, Reseller. Further work on Batumi Boulevard and the park was continued by the French gardener, D’Alphonse. In 1888, the Russian Emperor Alexander III visited Batumi and was fascinated by the gardener’s work. With his family, he planted several trees and it was subsequently named Alexander’s Garden. Since then, the name has changed periodically and is today 6 May Park. At its far end is a zoological corner, a dolphinarium, and an aquarium. The beautiful Nurigeli Lake is located in the middle of the park.