At the junction of ul. Pilsudskiego and ul. 17-go Marca is the attractive Brama Garncarska or Potters Gate, which in the past has also gone by the names Holy Spirit Gate or Elblag Gate. Built in the second half of the XIV century as part of the original defensive town walls and gave access to the city to routes from the east. Built of brick with three spans, five floors and a four-sided tiled roof, note the access at the top of the gate for winching supplies. The building served as a youth hostel before the war and was rebuilt in 1955 after suffering damage during WWII. Today it has been restored and they only way to see inside is to go into the jewellers now housed on the ground floor.