The three domes of the St. Michael’s Church are one of the most distinctive landmarks of the city. This Baroque church was rebuilt from the original Gothic church and was consecrated probably in 1251. Outer walls and a vault at the end of the presbytery have been preserved of the original early Gothic building. The church was rebuilt into the current Early-Baroque form in 1673-1686 as proposed by G. P. Tencalla. The interior was re-decorated in the Baroque style after the fire of 1709. In the years 1892 -1898 the church underwent a Neo-Baroque reconstruction.
The single-nave structure with side chapels has a rich sculptural and painting decoration and is an example of the Baroque appeal aimed at the senses of the church-goers. A Gothic St. Alexei Chapel and a Gothic Cloister with cross vaulting adjoin the church building.