Yet another structure built over the ruins of a much earlier temple. This was common practice during Byzantine ages, in an attempt to wipe out idolatry. And what less costly method than appropriating the very materials the ancient building was made of, for “holy purposes”! According to the inscription found on the west wall, this church is really old, dating back to the year 1065 AD, when it was last renovated. The last known restoration was in 1840, following damages it incurred during the Greek War of Independence. This is a cross-in-square construction, with 3 apses on the east side. As is the case with most churches in Greece, the bell tower was added later. As for the imposing wall paintings, they date to the 19th century.