Belfast has joined the cycling revolution with the launch of its new public bike share scheme.
Starting in April 2015, the first phase will use 300 Belfast Bikes, with 30 docking stations across the city centre - from the Odyssey Arena to Bradbury Place, Millfield to Central Station and the Gasworks.
The scheme is aimed at commuters, shoppers, students and visitors taking short journeys across the city, with journeys of less than 30mins free of charge.
Here’s how it works:
- Register at www.belfastbikes.co.uk.
- Annual registration is £20.
- Three day membership is £5.
- After the first free 30mins, you will be charged 50p for up to one hour and around £1 per hour thereafter for short hires.
- Charging stops when the bike is re-docked at your destination.
For more info and to download the free Belfast Bikes app visit the Belfast Bikes website, or call the helpline 03433 571551.