It was restored in 2000 by owner Hilda Winter who is a direct descendent by marriage of Dan Winter, a local farmer whose field became the site of the 1795 Battle of the Diamond.
Eager to protect his property, Dan opened his home as a meeting place for local Protestants under attack from Catholic 'Defenders'.
These meetings led to more formal discussions at nearby Sloan House where the Orange Order was officially organised.
The Winter family lived in the house right up until the 1950s, and today its rooms are crammed with Orange & Winter ephemera straddling the centuries.
Old pots and kettles hang above the original fireplace and Orange sashes, certificates and newspaper articles line the walls.
A Tea Room will open in Sept 08, and outbuildings will be transformed into additional museum space.
Meanwhile, take a seat in the patio area overlooking the small orchard, sip some delicious Armagh apple juice and take in the tranquil rural surroundings.
Not only is Dan Winter's House a living document of the Orange Order, it is also a well-preserved example of early Irish cottage life.
- To find the house turn off at the M1's Junction 13. Follow B131 signs to Loughgall and brown tourism signs for 'Site of the Battle of the Diamond'.
- The cottage is signposted and has plenty of parking space - both in a layby and on site.