Saxon settlers first built a church in Cristian in 1270, and many Gothic elements survive, from the rose window above the main portal (itself modelled on the orginal Gothic design) to the interior galleries. The modern church is mainly, however a neo-renaissance structure, dating from the early 19th century. The interior, in contrast to most of the other fortified churches, is somewhat spartan, but is dominated by a gorgeous neo-classical altar. Eight towers - all in relatively good shape - along the walls defended the church during attacks, and the fine interior courtyard is one of the best kept in the region.
Cristian is served by minibuses from Brasov's Autogara 2. which leave on the hour throughout the day.