To the left (face on) of the Colţea hospital, the church of the same name was built from 1701-2 on the site of an older, wooden construction. Recent renovation has restored much of the rich ornamentation of the interior, most of which was painted in 1876 by Gheorghe Tattarescu. Look out for the Cantacuzino family crest above the vaguely Italian baroque portal. The church (like the hospital which surrounds it) was founded by courtier Mihai Cantacuzino. A statue of Cantacuzino stands just inside the entrance to the hospital courtyard.