When it was built in 1809, this neo-Classical building initially served as a warehouse for military uniforms. Two years later, it was converted into a church. At that time - believe it or not - this site was on the outskirts of town. Although most of the interior is unadorned in keeping with Protestant tradition, the altar is backed by an impressive replica of Raphael's Transfiguration. An imposing double-decker gallery rounds out the rear of the church.The church can be seen during services, or as part of a visit to the next-door National Lutheran Museum, V. Deák tér 4, tel. 317 4173. Open 10:00 - 17:00. Closed Mon. Admission: 500 HUF.