This small barge houses a museum dedicated to Bydgoszcz’s inland navigation heritage. Built in a Bydgoszcz workshop in 1937, the inland vessel originally belonged to skipper Adolf Schmidt, who named it after his parents, Leon and Maria. He wouldn’t enjoy it for long - once WWII rolled around, Lemara was confiscated by the Nazis, and after the war would up in the hands of the communist Polish state. The vessel was finally retired in 2006, and three years later city authorities decided to purchase it and recreate a traditional living-and-working interior - a tribute to skippers who lived on their barges. Lemara is also open for various concerts and performances, so by all means, barge right in (during opening hours).
Show on map
Open 12:00-17:00. Sat, Sun 12:00-16:00, Closed Mon.