If you're staying in The Conrad Hilton you will more than likely be welcomed by Tommy O’Brien, Head Concierge. With over 18 years on the tourism front line, we decided to pump Tommy (not literally, you understand) to find out what he thinks makes Dublin, and Dubliners, so great.
1. Describe Dublin in just one sentence? Historic, cosmopolitan, fun loving city with lots to see and do.
2. What tourist attraction do your guests request most information on? Guinness Storehouse
3. What is your own personal favourite spot in Dublin? St. Stephen’s Green
4. Where would you advise people to go on a night out? Temple Bar
5. What's the most unusual request you've had from a guest? To have a horse drawn carriage outside the hotel at 11.30pm to take the guest and his friend around the Stephen’s Green.
6. What's your favourite Irish, or Irish-made, film? My Left Foot.
7. What is your favourite nugget of Dublin Trivia? There’s too many to mention just one.
8. Aside from Dublin what's your favourite city? New York
9. What is your favourite traditional Dublin dish? Bacon and cabbage
10. What’s your favourite Irish band? U2
11 Which monument/attraction do you feel embodies Dubliners best? The Molly Malone statue
12. What other city do you feel is most like Dublin? Boston
Put our app in your pocket