Originally known as the Exhibition Palace, this renowned venue was completed in 1865. Over the years, the Hall has been used as a university, for exhibitions and during WWII for storing turf. Most of the university departments relocated in the 1960s, and the venue reverted to a concert hall in 1981. Home to the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra, the NCH has three performance spaces - the Main Auditorium (cap. 1,200), Carolan Room (cap. 100) and John Field Room (cap. 250) which has the largest chandelier ever designed and produced by Waterford Crystal. Check out the NCH's programme of events, catch a lunchtime concert for some cultural sustenance, then grab a bite to eat at the Terrace Café.