Opened in 1991 as part of Dublin's European Cultural Capital celebrations, this delightfully restored four-storey townhouse on a corner of Merrion Square reflects the lives of owner Olivia Beatty and her seven children. Married to a wine merchant, Olivia was widowed in 1794 and subsequently moved here with her family. As part of the National Museum of Ireland, the house covers three decades of family life, and exhibits range from artefacts and works of art to floor coverings, paintwork and bellpulls. The cute attic nursery includes dolls and toys of the era. Access is by guided tour only and groups of 10+ should book in advance.