Carved stone heads coldly observe visitors to this ornate 1814 neo-Gothic building whose plasterwork, stained glass and carved oak gallery interior are as dramatic as its façade. Carved and stained glass coats of arms represent every Lord Lieutenant from St Hugh de Lacy in 1172 to FitzAlan in 1922. Fortunately for future architects, and perhaps with a nod to divine intervention, this final coat of arms occupies the last available space. Originally an Anglican church, the Chapel is now the Roman Catholic Church of the Most Holy Trinity - though it is not used for Masses or religious services. An alternative tour of Chapel Royal & Undercroft takes place when the State Apartments are not available due to State functions.