In the aftermath of WW2, the Reduit was utilised by the Soviet authorities as a police station and then later as a saw mill and a hostel. In 1995 it became the first ‘beer restaurant’ in the city, brewing a range of eponymous beers on site.
The current gate was built between 1843 and 1850 as part of the extensive refortification of Königsberg, replacing an earlier one which had originally been known as the Gumbinnen Gate (as the road out led to the town of Gumbinnen), before its name was ch
Ul. Litovskiy Val 63