Built to accommodate an expanding metropolitan congregation who outgrew the limited size of Kościół Mariacki, Katowice's other exemplary neo-Gothic church was built using 20,000 German marks given to the city by Cardinal Georg Kopp, Bishop of Breslau, between 1898 and 1902 on land formally owned by a farmer called Adamiec. Josef Ebers' design is truly delightful, and incorporates glazed green bricks into the classic red brick exterior. Inside, find a fine organ built by the master organ builders Kurzer of Gliwice and some lovely stained glass depicting the two saints after whom the church is named. Of the five original bells, two were taken away by the Germans during WWII and made into weapons. The church also served as the city's cathedral between 1925 and 1955.