Founded by state decree in 1921 and finally opened 15 years later, this fine museum inside a classic interwar building was named after—and displays much of the work of—the Polish-speaking painter and composer Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis (1875-1911). Surplus to the eponymous artist's works are a couple of beautiful permanent exhibitions and a host of temporary shows in several different halls spread around the building. The well stocked in-house shop sells a wide range of goods that make excellent gifts and souvenirs.
Show on map
City centre location
Open 10:00 - 18:00, Wed, Thu, Fri 11:00 - 19:00. Closed Mon.