Named after the country's most celebrated zoologist Tadas Ivanauskas (1882-1971), this museum consists of three magnificent if old-fashioned floors containing more than 170,000 stuffed former living things including beautiful butterflies, big scary snakes and some understandably vacant-looking monkeys, penguins, seals and giraffes. The rear half of the building dates from 1924 and was until the 1940 Soviet occupation the headquarters of the country's Jewish National Bank.
Show on map
City centre location
Open 10:00 - 18:00. Closed Mon.