Wieliczka's primary place of worship, the present building is actually the third built on this site, with the first purportedly dating back to the 13th century. A Gothic brick edifice was erected in 1381, and survived until 1786 only to be damaged by mining in the area and torn down by the Austrians. Only the tomb chapel of Barbara and Władysław Morsztyn survived, and is today one of the most treasured monuments in Wieliczka; check out the skull and batwings on the portal leading to the vault of the chapel. In the early 19th century, a new parish church based on the principles of Classicism was built on the old foundations, and consecrated in 1826. Pink on the outside and gold and green on the inside, the interiors are actually quite eye-popping. In addition to the Morsztyn mausoleum, inside you’ll find about a dozen historic altars from the 19th century and some exhibits in crypt, the highlight of which is a 15th-century gilded monstrance (crypt open Mon-Fri 09:00 - 17:00; admission 4/2zł). Outside to the south is a late-Baroque belfry, historic vicar’s house (today a bank) and sculpture of St. Florian.