This Jewish College was open in 1904. Eminent sugar factory owners Lazar and Lev Brodsky founded the college and named it after their brother, Solomon, who died in childhood. The architect was Adolph Minkus from Odesa. Three hundred Jewish boys could study here for two years, free of charge. They studied Russian and Hebrew, Russian and Jewish history, Jewish religion, arithmetic, geography and science. Now the building belongs to the Institute of the Ukrainian Welding Academy of Sciences.