The original building of the “Magnus” shopping centre was built in 1912-1913 by the renowned Polish architect Roman Felinskyi. Architecture historians believe that the model for the architect was the structure of the shopping centre in Berlin on Leipziger Strasse built in 1896 by the architect Alfred Messel. It is a shining example of world industrial-commercial architecture of the early 20th century. Until 2003 it was known as the Soviet style department store Zum. It is considered by some as the best shopping centre in western Ukraine. There are many international brands represented such as; Trussardi, Ferre, Apriori, Oui, Carre Blanc, Blumarine, John Richmond etc. Magnus is situated in the very centre of Lviv. The sight from the bistro windows on the top floor is lovely. One can see the Opera House, Wysokyj zamok, streets and the old city.