The estate and the area were named after the boyar Fyodor Vorontsov, who owned the village in the 14th century. Later the estate Vorontsovo was associated with such famous Russian dynasties as the Repnins and the Volkonskys. Here, the few remains of an elegant estate are spread around a beautiful park, so you can count on having an exciting walk. Once upon a time, a large country house belonging to Nikolai Volkonsky stood here. He fought at Austerlitz and was captured by Napoleon. Soon after the war, the estate was restored along with many Moscow buildings, but in Soviet times it was destroyed once again. Today, the only reminder of the main house is the elegant entrance gate with a guard tower supposedly designed by either Matvey Kazakov or Vasily Bazhenov. To the right of the gates, in one of the park corners, is the Church of the Life-Giving Trinity, first mentioned in 1807. Further into the park one can find two restored buildings of the estate, which today house the park's management.