Although construction of Riga’s third largest market began in 1911, due to WWI it wasn’t completed until 1923. Since then this red brick building has become the focal point of the local community. It’s home to numerous stalls selling anything from pork and poultry to dairy products and fresh vegetables. Unfortunately, the years have not been kind to this historic landmark, which is why it is currently being renovated. However, a small market is still available to the left of the building in the courtyard and themed evenings are usually on offer Fridaysnights (18:00 - 22:00) .