You can also call their Tourist help line +7 (812) 300 33 33 (0333), 24 hours a day for an English-speaking hotline who can tell you everything from the opening hours of the local supermarket to what to do if you've just landed in the drunk tank. Furthermore during the summer months there are numerous 'Tourist Angels' who speak many different languages and spend their hours wandering the streets around Nevsky prospekt and the main sights offering their help and advice.
There are 10 tourist information points within the city with the main one on Sadovaya ul. 14, metro Gostiny Dvor, tel. (+7) 812 242 39 09. Open 10:00 - 19:00. Closed Sun.
Others are located at:
- Sadovaya ul. 37, open 10:00 - 19:00, Closed Sun. Tel. +7 (812) 242-39-04.
- Dvortsovaya ploshad (Palace square - close to the Hermitage), open 10:00 - 19:00.
- Isaakievskaya ploshad (St. Isaac's square), metro Sadovaya, open 10:00 - 19:00.
- Ploshad Rastrelli (Rastrelli square - close to Smolny cathedral), metro Chernyshevskaya, open 8:30 - 16:00, closed weekends (from May till September).
- Ploshad Vosstaniya (next to Moskovsky train station), metro Ploshad Vosstania, open 10:00 - 19:00.
- Airport Pulkovo (arrivals hall), open 9:00 - 20:00.
- Pulkovo Outlet Village (Pulkovskoe shosse 60/1 - close to Airport Pulkovo), open 10:00 - 19:00, Closed Tue, Wed.
- Kronverkskaya emb. (close to Peter and Paul Fortress), open 10:00 - 19:00.
- City port "Morskoy fasad", open 9:00 - 18:00 (from May till September).
- Millionnaya ul. 25, open 10:00 - 19:00, Fri 10:00 - 18:00, closed weekends.