The history of Vienna’s most famous schnitzel began in 1905, when Johann Figlmüller founded a small tavern behind the cathedral. Right from the start, the schnitzel was what it still is today: a bit bigger, a bit thinner and a bit crisper than the others, and served with the classic potato salad side dish. Figlmüller is still a lovingly run family business. Also just around the corner at Bäckerstrasse 6. Schnitzel paradise.