This originally Gothic church was built around 1270 as the church of the Augustinian fraternity. During the Reformation, it was used as a work shop and a storage room. It was only in the early 19th century that Catholics started to use the Augustinerkirche for worship again. The congregation was expelled from the Catholic church in 1870 because they disagreed with the results of the First Vatican Council and exist since then as a Christian Catholic community (Old Catholic Church). During the last renovation in 1958/59 the church was returned to its mediaeval condition. While the sanctuary is not ornamented, there is a fresco of Christopherus and fragments of mural paintings in the registry.
Open 10:00 - 17:00, Sat 12:00 - 17:00. Closed Sun.