1. Read a bookBooks are the perfect escape from reality, they lower your stress and they can also help you improve your focus and decrease your depression. If you don’t know what to read, we’ve gathered a list of five books to help you get through this crisis easier.
2. ExerciseWith all the gyms being closed today, lots of people are probably procrastinating when it comes to working out. Fortunately for us, Youtube is full of lots of workouts you can do in the comfort of your home, without using any fitness equipment. Exercising will improve your mood and your mental health and will definitely make you happier. You can even try some Yoga!
3. CookWhile stuck at home, this is the perfect moment to try new things in the kitchen. You can explore your creative side by coming up with a dish using the ingredients in your pantry, or you can follow one of the many recipes you can find on cooking blogs. You can also find some recipes from Romanian cooking influencers on our Instagram, so check it out!
4. Watch a movieWith all the great things coming to Netflix, HBO Go and all the movie streaming platforms out there, you can probably watch a new movie or TV series every day if you wanted that. Movies are a great distraction, and they will help you disconnect and relax for a while. If you want to learn something new, try watching a Documentary instead! We also recommend TV Shows like Friends and The Office, if you want to have a good laugh.
5. Learn a new skillIf you always wanted to learn more about things like Illustration, Photography, Creative Writing and even Marketing or Productivity, there are lots of great online courses that you can take right now. You can try platforms like Skillshare that offer the first months for free and explore classes that will boost your creativity and keep you occupied.
6. Learn a new languageIf you always wanted to learn a new language but never had the time, this is definitely a great time to start! Learning a new language can help you have a better memory and will also increase your attention span, so you can download the Duolingo app and practice every day. You can also try learning Sign Language, if you’re looking for something more challenging!
7. Visit a museum onlineIf you’re an art lover or you’re simply curious to explore Bucharest’s Museum in the comfort of your home, lots of museums offer online tours that can keep you occupied for hours. Check out our article on Bucharest Museums That You Can Visit Online.
8. Clean and organize your spaceMaybe this sounds a little unpleasant, but we promise you that this can do wonders on your state of mind. Cleaning your home will keep you organized and will bring you calmness and happiness, and if you don’t believe us, try watching Marie Kondo’s documentary or read her book on the Magic of Tidying Up.
9. Put something togetherIf you have kids or you simply like to build stuff, you probably have some Lego lying around or a puzzle that you always wanted to make. This is a great way to have some fun on your own or with your family and also explore your creativity and attention to detail.
10. Play gamesEither you’re thinking of PC Games or Board Games, both are great options for you and your friends. There are lots of PC Games that you can play online with those friends you miss, or you can challenge your family to a night a Board Games and fun. This reduces stress, forms your memory and cognitive skills and even grows your immune system, so start playing!
Bonus: Play with paper!
Before we get to the origami field that’s filled with countless models and methods of making, there is a website that will remind us of childhood and the ingenuity with which we made paper airplanes. Although it seems hard to believe, there are world competitions, millions of euros prizes and even a NASA competition that is all about paper airplanes.
Perhaps most of you don’t know more than 2 or 3 different models of making paper airplanes, but this is where the Fold 'N Fly site comes in handy. With dozens of ways of building your airplane, all of them sorted according to the difficulty of assembly and the essential characteristics of a paper plane, you can spend hours playing with this!
There are also some apps dedicated to the idea of making paper airplanes, and you can find them in both the App Store and Google Play.