Basilica of St. Stanislaus (PL: Bazylika św. Stanisława Biskupa Męczennika w Lublinie) also known as the Dominican Church of Lublin is one of the oldest places of worship in Lublin. Together with its adjoining monastery, it is one of the longest existing institutions in Lublin, being more than 750 years old. The Dominican monastic order had been in Lublin since the 1230s and they occupied the original premises from 1253. However, the church as it stands today was built around 1342 under the patronage of Kazimierz the Great. Until the beginning of the 16th century, when a side nave was added, a former two-nave with a supranational monastic presbytery. It received its present shape after rebuilding at the end of the 16th century, after the catastrophic fire of 1575. Perhaps the most interesting point inside of the basilica is a fantastic painting of Lublin in late the 16th century, with a small detail depicting the start of the aforementioned fire. Whilst it is uncertain where the source of the fire came from, the painting shows the culprit as a burning schoolhouse in the center-foreground with a young boy joyously celebrating the fact!