Confiscation of property belonging to the Parish Church occurred at the turn of 1869/70. From that moment, the building was the property of the treasury of the Kingdom of Poland. Soon after the confiscation, the building was handed over to the Jewish community, which made it a shelter for Jewish children, later called the "Jewish town shelter". The building contained rooms for orphans, disabled people and the elderly. In other rooms there were also offices of the Jewish Religious Community in Lublin. The building belonged to Jews until 9 May 1941, until it was taken over by the occupation authorities. On March 24, 1942, the Nazis deported the orphans, the elderly, cripple and their guardians to the meadows of the Tatars and shot them. The building in the years 1944-46 served as a home for the elderly and in 1947-70 there was an orphanage there. Since 1970, the building is the seat of the Youth Culture Center Pod Akacją.