Jasne Błonia (ENG: Bright Meadow), named in full as 'Plac Jasne Błonia im. Jana Pawła II' in Polish, is a parkland area between the City Hall in Szczecin and Park Kasparowicza. It was initially developed between 1925-1927 on land owned by the Quistorps, a family of industrialists, after which it was named 'Quistorp Lea'. On the sides of a large lawn with one-story floral arrangements in the middle, there are avenues with rows of London plane trees. It is currently the largest concentration of this species of trees in Poland, with 213 of which grow here. In 1995, the field was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II, who visited the city on June 11, 1987 and held an outdoor mass for thousands of Szczecin locals on the site. The monument of three eagles symbolises the three generations of Poles involved in the reconstruction of Szczecin after WWII.