Built to replace St Joseph’s on Kościelny Square between 1888-97, this vast neo-Gothic red brick beauty features some remarkable altars including the superb main altar that includes a triptych of the Ascension of the Blessed Virgin Mary dating from 1655, and some of the loveliest examples of stained glass in Poland. The famous Auschwitz nurse Stanisława Leszczyńska is buried here in the crypt, and at the back find the tomb of a certain Mr. Wyszynski, dated 1822 and the only thing left from the oldest cemetery in Łódź.
Open during mass only or by prior arrangement.
The Red House
ul. Kościelna 8/10