Not quite as grand as the Belvedere, but equally impressive, is the little White House - a gorgeous summer house built in 1774 for the king’s sisters which displays a fine collection of period furniture and decorations. A few steps away is the impressive Old Orangery, one of very few surviving court theatres in the world. It dates from 1774 and is still used today to host chamber concerts, as well as being a popular wedding venue for Warsaw’s wealthy. Part of the building houses a museum of sculpture. From here head back past the White House, resist the temptation to head straight for the Palace on the Island and instead head south, towards the New Orangery. Built in cast iron and glass it was designed by Józef Orłowski and opened in 1861. It is home to the upmarket Belvedere restaurant.
Show on map
Price/Additional InfoOrangery admission 15/7zł. Fri free. Guided tours in English 150zł per group.
ul. Agrykoli 1 (New Orangery in Łazienki Park, entrance from ul. Parkowa)