Formerly known as simply St. Vincent's, this beautiful monastic complex across from Hala Targowa is the site of one of Wrocław's greatest mysteries. The Piast Prince Henry II the Pious was buried here after he died in battle against the Tartars in 1241. After WWII his sarcophagus was moved to the National Museum. A quick peek beneath the lid, however, revealed it to be empty. Nobody knows what happened to the prince's remains. The church and Franciscan monastery attached to it, were founded by Henry II in the early 13th century. Today the monastery houses the university's department of philology and the church is among the oldest and largest in Wrocław. It was rebuilt after being nearly levelled in 1945.
Open 13:00 - 17:00; Sat 11:00 - 17:00, Sun 12:00 - 16:00. Closed Thu.