The Four Dome Pavilion, a work of famous German architect Hans Poelzig, has been modernised and re-opened to the public as a branch of the National Museum dedicated to contemporary art. Constructed in 1913 to serve as part of the exhibition space surrounding the Centennial Hall, it originally housed a historical exhibition commemorating Prussia's defeat of Napoleon 100 years prior. Following WWII, the remarkable building was taken over by the Wrocław Motion Picture Company for office use, gradually falling into disrepair before being signed over to the National Museum in 2009. Now restored to its former glory and featuring some blindingly white minimalist decor, it is home to works by prominent 20th and 21st-century Polish artists - including Magdalena Abakanowicz, Władysław Hasior, Tadeusz Kantor and Alina Szapocznikow - and one more reason to visit the area around Centennial Hall. For temporary exhibitions (individually priced), check out our events page!