Completed in 1897 this red brick neo-gothic masterpiece saw its fair share of hard times during the ghetto years. In 1942 it was used as a warehouse to store the clothes of those gassed in Chełmno and Nerem, after which it became a feather factory employing slave Jewish labour. Surrounding it are several surviving points of interest: The postal service and main treasury were located on pl. Kościelny 4/6, while next door a pharmacy operated from number 8 – a function still held by the building today.
The Red House
ul. Kościelna 8/10