This large Gothic church near Wrocław's ul. Świdnicka is noteworthy for two reasons: its lengthy name and its function as a buffer between the bourgeois Hotel Monopol and garish candy-coloured Solpol department store. Other than that, it's the same-old: the church was founded in the mid 14th century to commemorate a treaty between Polish king Kazimierz the Great and Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV dealing with the rights to Silesia. The choice of patrons was meant to symbolise Bohemia, Poland, and German settlers - the three sides in the dispute. Throughout the ages the church passed through the hands of the Augustinians, the Jesuits, and the Franciscans, sustaining only minor damage during WWII. Today it sports a sumptuous Baroque interior and a 1720 painting depicting the martyrdom of St. Dorothy.