Built in 1890, this large neo-classicist villa and the surrounding gardens were bought by Edith Stein’s mother in 1910. It remained the Stein family home until 1939 when it was repossessed under the new Nazi ‘arianisation laws’ and given to master bricklayer Oscar Jankel. Now completely renovated, since 1990 it has housed the Edith Stein Society, an organisation devoted to Jewish-Christian understanding, Polish-German reconciliation and the development of civic society in PL. The Society has a strong cultural programme to promote multicultural dialogue, including exhibitions, lectures, readings, youth seminars and more. Visit their website for more information.