This little treasure is a rare example of a well-preserved mediaeval chapel on the shores of the Makarska Riviera. It looks a bit lost as it’s surrounded by large hotel buildings, but it’s utterly endearing with its simple adornments and stone roof. It was built in 1311 on the site of an oratory attached to a Roman villa rustica, which was itself replaced by a mediaeval basilica and cemetery. This is an interesting archaeological site with the remains of the villa rustica and headstones around the chapel. One headstone bearing a portrait of its owner is unusually elderly, dating from the first century.