Named after the famous Polish Jewish actresses, Ester Rachel Kaminska (the Mother of Yiddish Theatre) and her daughter Ida, the group formed in 1950 and has been based in Warsaw since 1955. In 1970 they moved from their first home on ul. Królewska to the traditionally Jewish area of Plac Grzybowski, where it remained until 2016 as the former HQ was deemed unsafe and thus demolished. The theatre has temporarily moved to ul. Senatorska 35 but will eventually return to its traditional home near Plac Grzybowski in the revamped tenement building on ul. Próżna 14. The theatre specialises in maintaining the heritage of Jewish culture and is one of only two permanent theatres in Europe performing works in Yiddish. Their repertoire also includes plays relevant to Jewish themes as well as a variety of musical shows.
Show on map
Box office open 11:00 - 14:00, 15:00 - 18:00; Sat 12:30 - 19:00, Sun 14:30 - 18:00.