Located inside a huge and decidedly bizarre inter-war building, this museum is a must for anyone visiting the city. Dating from 1862 and operating under its current name since 1916, there’s a huge array of permanent exhibitions and antiquities. Visitors will find a wealth of delightful 15th-century Dutch and Flemish paintings as well as several Botticellis in the newly curated Gallery of Old Masters which also includes several galleries of Polish art from the 16th century onwards, including some of the best work by the country’s leading painters - Chełmoński and Matejko to name a few. The "Professor Kazimierz Michałowski Faras Gallery" is the newest permanent gallery to open and is the only exhibition in Europe featuring Medieval Nubian paintings from the Nile River Valley south of the First Cataract. The latest exhibition to open is the Gallery of Polish Design. All in all, it's worth seeing. Make sure to check their website for more info.
Show on map
Facilities for disabled
Open 10:00-18:00. Closed Mon, Fri 10:00-21:00.